Hot Cocoa is one of our favorite treats on a chilly day, and a great addition to a holiday party. I am loving all the Salted Caramel Chocolatey goodness you can get at stores, restaurants, and coffee shops this time of year – and I thought making it myself might be extra fun too! I was super excited to host a Werther’s Baking Bash a few days ago and we were sent several bags of Werther’s Baking Caramels which dissolve quickly and are great in cooking and slow cookers. Below is a simple Crock Pot Caramel Hot Cocoa Recipe that is sure to delight!
- half bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- one can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 (or more if you like) Werther’s Baking Caramels
- one package of hot cocoa powder mix
- 6 cups warm milk (warm milk prior to putting in the slow cooker)
- dash of salt
Follow to the next page to get the oh so simple directions…….
- Put chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and Werther’s Baking Caramels at the bottom of the crock pot and turn on “Warm”.
- Warm milk of your choice on the stove or microwave until warm (I put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes)
- Pour warmed milk into the crock pot.
- Add in one package of powdered cocoa mix and a dash of salt
- Let it all melt through and completely warm.
- Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows!
For our family the above amount is just right – for a larger party we doubled the amount. I personally used 2% milk – but any milk will do, just depends on your preference. We use a Crock Pot, but any slow cooker will do!
Enjoy alongside a Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Cupcake! <—- best. recipe. ever.
Click here to subscribe to our email newsletter
Thank you for your interest in our newsletter. We have a couple of options for you. We send out 1 email maximum when there is a new post. You can subscribe to our main newsletter that includes all of our articles.Subscribe to Highlights Along the Way » Email Newsletter
If you are only interested in getting a newsletter about a specific category of our site, you can select that newsletter from the list below.Subscribe to » Family posts
Subscribe to » Travel posts
Subscribe to » DIY posts
Subscribe to » Food posts
Subscribe to » Disney posts
Subscribe to » Thrifty Stuff posts
Subscribe to » Entertainment posts