5 reasons why we love WellieWishers!
American Girl Doll is on many holiday wish lists. My oldest asked for an American Girl Doll for years before Santa actually delivered. Now that our littlest has been playing with American Girl for years with her sister, she has asked for her own. She fell in love with the WellieWishers display at the American Girl Doll Store in Los Angeles and has been wishing for one ever since. Today I am excited to share our last giveaway of the year! We are giving away a WellieWishers doll (of the winner’s choice!) to one lucky Highlights Along the Way subscriber!
I am so excited to put Willa under the tree this year for our daughter (don’t spoil the surprise if you see her!). WellieWishers are a fairly new addition to the line of dolls and stories from American Girl. Their costumes, imaginative stories, and little rain boots are so cute! I can’t wait to see my little one play with her hair and dress her in a fun wintery outfit! Below are a couple reasons why we love WellieWishers…..
- WellieWishers encourage friendship. We love that WellieWishers encourages building strong relationships. Each character has a distinctly different personality. Growing as friends and being kind is a great message.
- WellieWishers have a show and books that are perfectly tailored to younger children. Our daughter loves the show! WellieWisher books are very cute and a little lower reading level than traditional American Girl Doll books. Our 2nd grader has had a very hard time learning to read, but these books have been a great encouragement to grow this skill.
- WellieWishers are a much lower price point. Let’s face it, American Girl brand is amazing quality, but also pricey. WellieWishers are just as beautiful with lots of fun accessories, books, and adorable outfits; at about half the cost. Our littlest is only 7 and we think this is a great option to see if she can care for a ‘fancy’ doll.
- WellieWishers are a diverse group of girls. I love that this little group of friends represent several different races. As a mother through trans-racial adoption, this is especially important to me. My littlest has brown eyes, black hair, and brown skin; I didn’t realize that choices that look like her are quite limited in many doll lines. All that said, she wanted her first WellieWishers doll to be Willa because “She looks like my cousin and I want to hug her even if she isn’t at my house.”. Go figure, maybe she will add an Ashlyn doll to her collection in the future.
- WellieWishers can play ‘little sister’ to American Girl Dolls. When we visited the American Girl Doll store in Los Angeles, we saw that many of the WellieWishers were dressed up as mini versions of American Girl Dolls. My littlest squealed “This is the big sister and this is the baby sister, like how we have a big and little sister!”
Who wouldn’t love to win a WellieWishers Doll for their little one? I am so excited that Mattel has been kind enough to offer a doll for us to give away. One lucky Highlights Along the Way subscriber will have the WellieWishers doll of their choice mailed straight to their home just in time for the holidays! As with most of our giveaways, you must be a verified subscriber to Highlights Along the Way. Simply subscribe and leave us a comment letting us know which WellieWisher would be your first choice. That’s it! We also have several ways that you can earn more entries by engaging with us on social, but being a subscriber is the only requirement. Void where prohibited. This giveaway is valid only within the United States. The winner’s WellieWishers will be mailed directly from American Girl Doll and cannot be mailed to PO Boxes, only a physical address. This is a QUICK giveaway! Make sure you are getting our emails already, it would be sad if the winner never gets their email!
We are doing this entry old school since Rafflecopter is being a pain. Enter for your chance to win by leaving a comment below (comments often need to be approved so don’t panic if you don’t see your entry right away).
Rules – MUST be a subscriber (we will check =) )
Entry 1 – Leave a comment stating which WellieWishers Doll you would choose
Bonus Entry 2 – Leave a relevant comment on any of our Instagram posts. You can get another entry for each comment on an additional Instagram photo (leave 20 if you want!) – For each additional entry you must leave another comment here with the link to the Instagram post you commented on and your Insta handle. Bonus entries are just a bonus and not necessary, but a great way to get bonus points!
WellieWishers giveaway is now closed. Winner has been emailed. CLAIRE H – hurry and email us back!!
Giveaway starts NOW and will end on 12/11/2018 at noon Pacific Standard time (Changed because midnight could have been the day before or after and people complained so we made it noon and gave folks a few more hours to enter =) ). Winner will be chosen and notified by or before 12/12/2018. Winner will be contacted via email. Winner’s name will also be visible in the entry form (First name and last initial). Only the winner will be contacted. Winner MUST respond within 48 hours of winner announcement and provide a mailing address. If the winner does not respond within that time frame, the prize is forfeited and a new winner must be chosen. While we have never had a problem with a giveaway before, Highlights Along The Way cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged prizes.