Blogging Goals List!
Oh 2016 – how did you get here so fast?! I am excited to share my 2016 Blogging Goals List – I would really love to do all of these things – I probably won’t. I will go through the list and mark it off as they happen. While blogging is a lot of fun, it is also my business and I really want to grow my business this year! I have found that if I write down hopes and goals that they tend to come to fruition more often. I think like with any business you have to be serious about milestones – some of mine are silly, some are sentimental, some are serious. So here are my goals for 2016….
Start a ‘how to start a blog’ series to help those who email asking about how I work from home blogging. Started! Check out ‘how to start a blog‘ and ‘the easiest way to monetize your blog‘
- Fix the hot mess that is my Youtube channel
- Hit 5,000 followers on Instagram. *so close* – woo hoo! Hit it before we even got to 2016! – scratch that, we hit 5K before 2015 so now my goal is 10,000 on Instagram by the end of 2016!
- Hit 10,000 followers on Twitter. I am not a huge fan of Twitter if I am being honest, but I am gonna try!
- Get the kids passports because we are gonna need them! – we have appointments – does that count?
- Showcase at least two more SoCal cities.
- Feature more adoptive families – ideally I would love for guest bloggers to share their adoption stories at least once a month. This doesn’t really do much for the growth of my blog, but I am committed to continuing the adoption and orphan care dialogue here. Shared one family’s story here – they are adopting a teenager!
- Showcase a travel destination at least once a month. It’s averaging to once a month!
- Share something behind the scenes from an upcoming movie. I was so so lucky to be on a couple fun press trips in 2014 and 2015. I feel like it is almost greedy to hope for the opportunity in 2016 – but I do! I am putting it out there universe! Check out all the behind the scenes from Zootopia, Alice Through the Looking Glass, and The BFG! I’m not crossing it off though because there are so many more movies coming up!
Getaway with the hubs and nobody knows about it!*Meaning I want to take an unhosted trip where we completely unplug – ahhhh sounds fantastic! – check!
- Keep the computer off on Sundays. I done this more days than not the last two years, but I want to make a bigger effort this next year.
- Completely finish our DIY list in our fixer upper house. And of course blog all along the way!
- Shut off the computer by 10pm every single night. This happened more in 2015 than it did in years prior, but not as often as I wanted. I think 2016 is going to be our year though!
- Go to BlogHer for the first time since 2011! Got tickets!
Go to Mom 2.0 Summit again! Went!I learned so much! Met fantastic people! I won several cool prizes and even scored a couple contracts – well worth it!
- Get a big girl camera again, when our kids were little and I had a diaper bag it seemed silly to carry around a camera bag as well. I traded in my DSLR for a really good quality point and shoot. While my Samsung Galaxy served me well, I am ready to trade it in and relearn how to take pictures like a big girl!
- Make a little bit more money. Is it weird that I hesitated in writing that? Why? Everyone wants a raise! My reach has grown and I hope to have more opportunities to grow my business!
So that is my list – I think if I work hard and stick to it I can cross every single one off! Stay tuned! If you are a blogger share in the comment section what is on your goal list for the New Year. Have you made a list? Link it up!