Butterfly Jungle is back at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park! Butterfly Jungle opened March 12th and will only be at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park through April 10th. Our family loves the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and this is truly our favorite time of year! Butterfly Jungle gives visitors the opportunity to see hundreds of butterflies up close and personal. Our kids delayed homeschool a bit on Friday morning for the preview of Butterfly Jungle. While we were there the kids learned so much by being up close and personal with dozens of species of butterflies. It was thrilling for them to be in a place where butterflies would literally land right on them. It is always fun and I dare say a bit magical for us to visit the butterflies at Butterfly Jungle. Butterfly Jungle is extremely popular and only lasts a short time. The Butterfly Jungle exhibit is included with your park admission or annual membership pass at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
Hot tips if you are planning on visiting the butterflies!
- Wear bright colors – butterflies are attracted to bright colors – we have always had great luck with yellow
- Wear a pretty hair clip in your hair – they are suckers for flowers (even the fake ones!)
- Stand in the light – they seem to like not only bright colors but also bright colors in the light
- Stand still and it is more likely a little butterfly will land on you than if you are moving about
- Please watch where you step – There are SO many butterflies at Butterfly Jungle they sometimes land on the ground
- Do not pick up the butterflies – if you are patient they will come to you eventually – but you can hurt them by picking them up
Our family loves the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – so much so that it is the park we are purchasing year passes to this year (we only purchase annual passes to one park per year – if any at all – this year it is the Zoo and Safari Park!). We know the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park do so much in the way of conservation and we know they love and respect the animals in their care. If you are planning a trip to San Diego I highly suggest taking a day to see the lovely San Diego Zoo Safari Park! If you are going before April 10th make sure to get there early to see all the amazing wildlife and nature exhibits, but especially the butterflies!
The lines can get long at Butterfly Jungle and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park has a great option to save you time. Inquire at Lorikeet Landing about reserving a viewing time for a fee (go early – they sell out almost every day and fairly early).
Want to participate in some fun contests? You can enter to win tickets to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, toys, and even roar and snore opportunities! Check out San Diego Zoo Contests <—- here!