Christmas Tree Pastry Recipe – Gluten Free!
A beautiful Christmas tree Pastry is a perfect centerpiece for a Christmas dessert table. While there will be plenty of cakes and pies for Christmas, a puffed pastry filled with Nutella in an iconic Christmas tree shape is sure to wow your family and friends. This lovely Christmas tree dessert is large enough for a big group and is gluten free! Thank you to Gluten Free Easy for sharing this recipe with us today!
It’s that time of year when many people enjoy sharing their love of baking, but gluten-free eaters can feel left out. Thankfully today there are many gluten free products available to elevate the holiday experience. And, whether it’s Thanksgiving, Chanukah or Christmas, we’ve got some hacks to help you navigate Gluten Free baking.
For baking with pastry puffs, pita or pizza, check out new Gluten Free Easy – – and you will do your happy dance in the freezer aisle! That’s because this new frozen pastry is making the gluten-free lifestyle easier and more delicious than ever. Gluten Free Easy has ready to thaw dough that makes baking gluten free easy!. Go sweet or go savory—the sky’s the limit. Think of it as a tasty canvas for homemade creations everyone can enjoy for the high holidays and beyond. And best of all, these gourmet doughs go from freezer to fantastic in no time.
So, Gluten Free Easy offers up these sweet and savory recipes to delight your family and guests – and best of all, they probably won’t know they are gluten free at all. (Recipes below)
Gluten Free Christmas Recipe
Chocolate Dessert Puff Pastry Christmas Tree Recipe (gluten FREE!)
Christmas Tree Puff Pastry Ingredients:
– 1 package Gluten Free Easy Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed according to package directions
-1 tbsp or more corn starch or tapioca starch (for dusting)
– 1/2 cup Nutella® or your favorite chocolate-hazelnut spread
– 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
– 1 egg plus 1 tsp vanilla extract beaten (for egg wash
-flakey sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
-Christmas themed small candies, sprinkles, and chocolates
1. Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll Out the Puff Pastry: Dust your work surface with cornstarch and roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet to make a large rectangle.
3. Cut the Tree Shape: Using a knife or a tree-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a Christmas tree shape from the puff pastry. You’ll need two identical tree shapes.
4. Spread Nutella®: Take one of the puff pastry tree shapes and spread a generous layer of Nutella evenly over it, leaving a small border around the edges.
5. Add Nuts: Sprinkle the finely chopped nuts evenly over the Nutella layer.
6. Place the Second Tree: Carefully place the second puff pastry tree shape on top of the Nutella and nut-covered one. Press the edges gently to seal.
7. Create Branches: Use a knife to make vertical cuts from the bottom of the tree towards the center, creating branches. Leave a small uncut area in the center to form the tree trunk.
8. Twist the Branches: Take each branch and gently twist it to create a layered effect, making the Nutella and nuts visible.
9. Egg Wash: Brush the entire Christmas tree with the beaten egg. This will give it a golden-brown finish when baked.
10. Bake: Transfer the assembled puff pastry Christmas tree onto the prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle w sea salt if using. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until it turns golden brown and puffy.
11. Cool and Dust: Allow the Christmas tree to cool slightly on a wire rack. If desired, dust it with powdered sugar for a snowy effect.
12. Serve: Sprinkle your tree with Christmas colored sprinkles and candies to look like ornaments. Slice and serve your delicious puff pastry Christmas tree.
What a beautiful treat for the holiday season! This is such a fun recipe that even kids can help with! Thank you to Gluten Free Easy for sharing!
About Gluten Free Easy
Gluten Free Easy is the brainchild of two women who want to bring the joy of baking and eating back to those who avoid gluten but miss the satisfying taste of “real” bread and pastries. They don’t stop developing their recipes until their blind taste testers—who aren’t gluten-free—can’t tell the difference between traditional and gluten-free dough. Some say it’s even better! Follow Gluten Free Easy on Instagram!
The Gluten Free Easy line includes Puff Pastry Squares (12/pk, MSRP $14-17), Puff Pastry Sheets (1/pk, MSRP $14-17), Pita (4/pk, MSRP $12-16), and Pizza (12/pk, MSRP $12-16). Gluten free Easy is certified woman owned. All products are also certified gluten-free, dairy-free, soy free, and certified Kosher (Kok-K and Babad certifications). All but the pita dough is vegan. And all are out-of-this-world delicious. Follow them at: