My good friends over at Whole Foods Market La Jolla let me know that it was National Kale day earlier this month (who knew?!) – so of course we had to celebrate! My husband didn’t even know what kale was a year ago and now he totally loves it – which is super awesome because kale is so good for you! We will share a couple recipes with Kale this month in honor of National Kale day! This Easy Recipe Kale and Pasta, is adapted from Budget Bytes (I seriously LOVE Budget Bytes and you should totally follow her!)
So are you ready for a super easy, healthy, and inexpensive recipe? Well this is it!
Kale Whole Wheat Pasta – Easy Recipe Kale and Pasta
A few leaves of kale – cut leaves off the stalk (throw out the stalk) – cut leaves into bite size pieces
One package of pasta – we used whole wheat Linguine (I think whole wheat pasta tastes AMAZING with kale!)
Fresh garlic (two or three cloves)
Salt & Pepper
OK – so this is SO easy and my husband was all “This is super good, like it tastes like something I would order at a restaurant.” For real. So check out how simple this is…..
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Crush fresh garlic into a pan and saute in butter for a couple minutes
- Add in kale and cook with butter and garlic for about 5 – 10 minutes – until it gets all wilty and delicious
- Mix drained pasta in with cooked kale (heat is turned off)
- mix in halved cherry tomatoes
- drizzle in olive oil (your preference)
- dash in salt & pepper (your preference)
- toss in pumpkin seeds
Start to finish – this recipe took about 20 minutes! Make a big batch – it reheats beautifully (my hubby took it to work for lunch – that beats a drive thru – yummier, healthier, and WAY less expensive!)
Seriously, pin this and add it to your regular rotation! It is so delicious and so easy peasy! Are you following Catching Up With Kate on Pinterest yet? I sure wish you were!