Every Year, Knott’s Berry Farm transforms into Knott’s Merry Farm for the holiday season. Knott’s Berry Farm is one of Southern California’s first theme parks with a wonderful history full of family fun. Knott’s Berry Farm at Christmas time is festive and magical. Merry Farm is a limited time weekend event that is perfect for family fun! You’ll find Snoopy dressed to nines, Santa Clause sitting by a cozy fire and decadent holiday treats, and plenty of rides! We had the chance to attend the media this year and we had a blast as a family. Knott’s Merry Farm runs every weekend from November 17 – January 7. This is a guest post by Michelle who blogs at Be Brave Keep Going.
1. The Merry Christmas, Snoopy Ice Show
This one of a kind Christmas Ice Show takes place at the Charles M. Shultz Theater inside Knott”s Berry Farm. Set to backdrop of some of the most festive holiday songs, Snoopy and all of his pals float on the ice and spread Christmas cheer with every song. And we won’t tell you when, but it snows In our humble opinion, the Christmas ice show at Knott’s Berry Farm is worth the price of admission. It’s a must see!
Santa’s Christmas Cabin
Tucked in the back of Ghost Town and on your way to the Pony Express ride, you will find Santa’s Christmas Cabin. It’s there, that you’ll enjoy not only one of a kind holiday foods as only Knott’s can do plus Santa sitting by the fire ready to greet park goers. We sampled warm roasted cashews, almonds and walnuts. We drank homemade cookies and milk. We devoured the authentic tamales. We sipped some craft beer and ended with chocolate dipped cheesecake-on-a-stick. Honestly, it was all so tasty, I can’t pick a favorite! Okay, it’s the cheesecake. I mean come on, cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate? Yes, please!
Snow and Glow in Ghost Town
Every year, it snows at Knott’s Berry Farm. Ghost Town lights up, holiday music plays and the “snow” starts falling around 6:30pm every evening and then every hour after that. It’s definitely worth making the time to see this fun light and snow show at Knott’s Berry Farm.
Engine 41: The Knott’s Berry Farm Steam Engine
Knott’s has a beautiful authentic steam engine that wraps around the theme park. During the Christmas season, you’ll experience storytellers in authentic victorian era costumes who regale train riders with improved stories.
Photo Opp With Snoopy and the Gang
If you love Snoopy like we do, you can get a photo with him inside Camp Snoopy all day. There is a dedicated Character Meet-And-Greet area where Snoopy is waiting just for you! You’ll also be able see all Snoopy’s friends like Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Franklin and the whole Peanuts Gang.
Other little touches you won’t want to miss:
- Send a letter to Santa! There is a mailbox inside Santa’s Christmas Cabin where your little ones can drop off their wish list to Old Saint Nick.
- The holiday decorations are festive and beautiful and themed to each area of Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Interact with the horses of Knott’s Berry Farm at the Livery Stable in Ghost Town.
- Love Christmas stories? You won’t want to miss “A Christmas Carol” and “Gift of the Magi”
- Watch the wood carver carve masterpieces with a chainsaw in Ghost Town.
- Walk through Ghost Town and shop the many artisan craft booths.
- Watch the glass blower make tiny glass trinkets in the Glass Blown Art Ahop inside Ghost Town.
- Victorian Era Christmas Carolers stroll through Ghost Town singing beautiful carols.
Merry Farm Food Locations
- Merry Farm Refillable Mug- All Participating Hot Cocoa & Coffee Locations
- Holiday Pizza- Hollywood Hits
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake- Santa’s Christmas Cabin
- Assorted Holiday Pastries- Santa’s Christmas Cabin
- Boysenberry and Nutella Crepe- Santa’s Christmas Cabin
- Beef and Chicken Tamales- Santa’s Cabin and Cantina
- Holiday Christmas Popcorn- Santa’s Christmas Cabin
- Gingerbread and Sugar Cookie Decorating- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen
- Santa’s Milk and Cookies Shake- Grizzly Creek, Coasters
- Candy Cane Holiday Churro- Gourmet Churro Factory
- Holiday Turkey Sandwich- Boardwalk BBQ
- Smoked BBQ Wings- Boardwalk BBQ
- Christmas Stew- Ghost Town Bakery and Ghost Town Grill
- Open Faced Turkey Sandwich- Ghost Town Grill
- Open Faced Meatloaf Sandwich- Ghost Town Grill
- Salmon Dinner with Jalapeno Jam- Ghost Town Grill
- The Berry Gobbler- Ghost Town Grill
- The Farm sandwich- Ghost Town Grill
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts- Ghost Town Grill
- Holiday Vanilla Dippin’ Dots- Supreme Scream, Silver Bullet, Cave Inn
Hi, I’m Michelle, a wife and mother of 2 and I write at BeBraveKeepGoing.com about living a full and creative life after pediatric cancer. We take every chance we can get to be together as a family and explore California and beyond. When I’m not blogging, I am probably watching netflix, at the beach or capturing family photos for others. You can see my photos at braveandbrightphotography.com
- Photos shared are by Michelle or Knott’s Berry Farm and used with Permission