The Little Mermaid Coloring sheets and Blu Ray Bonus Features!
While in Los Angeles for the Ralph Breaks the Internet Event last year, our group had the opportunity to interview legendary Disney animator, Mark Henn. I shared earlier that we learned we learned to draw Vanellope, but we also learned to draw Ariel! We also heard the exciting news that The Little Mermaid was coming out of the Disney Vault! Today is the day that you can own Disney’s The Little Mermaid through Movies Anywhere! Read about some of the awesome features you will get to enjoy for the first time ever with this version of The Little Mermaid. I am also excited to share some brand new Disney’s The Little Mermaid printable coloring sheets. Print these downloadable coloring sheets from your home computer for your little mermaid today. Enjoy ten unique coloring sheets and activity sheets with all your favorite characters. Make sure to come back, because to celebrate further we will be teaching you how to draw Ariel in a couple weeks!
“The Little Mermaid” Dives Into the Walt Disney Signature Collection
On Digital, 4K Ultra HDä and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12 and 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26
Order your copy today!
It is hard to believe that The Little Mermaid made it’s theatrical debut 30 years ago! To celebrate, The Little Mermaid is coming out of the Disney Vault in a new Walt Disney Signature Collection option starting TODAY, February 12th. There are all new bonus features and sing-along modes to this new movie. For the first time ever, The Little Mermaid is available Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HDä and Movies Anywhere. 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ versions are available on February 26, 2019. I love that we have free printables to share with our fans!
I fell in love with animation as a very little girl. If you had asked me at literally any time in my childhood I would have told you I wanted to be an artist when I grew up. From the time I knew what it was, I would tell you I wanted to draw cartoon movies. The Little Mermaid hit theaters when I was in 6th grade, and there was something about it that just solidified that love for me (and I am sure many others). The animation renaissance that began with The Little Mermaid is what brought so many audiences back to animated musical films again. This was the movie that I remember watching “The Making Of…” on Disney channel over and over again, it is the film that made me read books on animation, and really start thinking of it as a possible career path. It was such a powerful movie for so many, and it holds a special place in our family’s hearts.
Typically we are only able to share printables with the release of a new movie. I am thrilled that these printables are available for the first time for the home release of The Little Mermaid. Enjoy coloring pages featuring Flounder, Ariel, Sebastian, and many others! You do not need to subscribe or sign up for anything, simple click on and print whatever you like! These printables are a fun addition to a rainy day, a road trip, or even a budget friendly birthday party activity!
“Based on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tale about a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human, “The Little Mermaid” was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements (“Aladdin”). It features the voice talents of Jodi Benson (“Toy Story 2,” “Toy Story 3”) as Ariel, Pat Carroll (“Laverne & Shirley”) as Ursula, Samuel E. Wright (Broadway’s “The Lion King”) as Sebastian, Christopher Daniel Barnes (“The Brady Bunch Movie”) as Eric, Kenneth Mars (“Young Frankenstein”) as Triton, Buddy Hackett (“The Music Man”) as Scuttle, Jason Marin (“Back to the Future”) as Flounder and René Auberjonois (“The Patriot”) as Chef Louis. The film was originally released in theaters on Nov. 15, 1989 and is the 28th film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, and the first in what many described as a new Disney animation renaissance.”
“The Little Mermaid” is the seventh title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King” and “Lady and the Tramp.”
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
Follow along on Social Media…
I mentioned how Mark Henn taught us all how to draw Vanellope, but he also taught us how to draw Ariel! I will be sharing a “How to Draw Ariel” and a “How to Draw Vanellope” post in a few days! For now, please enjoy the fun printables! I hope that you will share with a friend and also follow us on Pinterest so you never miss a free printable again!