Where to Meet Characters at Disneyland? FREE Printable!
Is there anything better than witnessing the magic on someone’s face when they meet one of their favorite Disney Characters? One of the main reasons we take our little ones to Disneyland is to meet Disney Characters. There are so many characters to meet and take a picture with. Characters take their time with each guest and love to take photos and sign autographs. Disney parks are so big that many people miss their favorite character. Below is a giant list of the characters available to meet at the Disneyland resort in California. Whether you want to meet Disney characters walking in the park, or splurge on a character dining experience, these tips should be helpful. We’ve also included a free printable to bring along with you as you plan your Disneyland vacation.
How to Meet Disney Characters at the Disneyland Resort
Since there are so many lands and so many Disney Characters at the Disneyland Resort, I turned to the travel experts at Get Away Today for a little help. Together we’ve compiled a guide for how to meet Disney Characters at the Disneyland Resort. Obviously, characters are subject to change, but this general list will certainly help you meet more characters and save time while at the parks.
How to Meet Disney Characters at the Disneyland Resort – The Ultimate Guide
To make planning your next vacation easier, I’ve broken down the guide for meeting Disneyland Characters. You’ll find a list of popular characters and where to meet them, as well as a list of each land and who can be found there with the help of the official Disneyland app.
Princesses at Disneyland
- One of the best ways to meet Princesses at the Disneyland Resort is to book Character Dining in advance. This can be done directly through Disney up to 60 days in advance. The Disney Princess Adventure Breakfast is hosted in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and offers a delicious 3-course meal and a chance to interact one-on-one with a number of Disney Princesses. In the Grand Californian’s Napa Rose Restaurant, Princess Adventure Breakfast guests can enjoy family-friendly food, story time and photos with Princesses.
- Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome: In Disney California Adventure Park, you can head to the Animation Building to meet Anna and Elsa. Request an Entertainment FastPass to grab a time to meet with the Princesses and take pictures.
- Disney Princesses at Royal Hall: In the Fantasy Faire area, to the left of Sleeping Beauty Castle before crossing the drawbridge, three Disney Princesses are available for meet and greet opportunities. The Princesses vary, but when you check the Disneyland App you’ll have a heads up regarding who to expect between the hours of 8am and 7pm. Simply go to the Disneyland map in the app and click “Characters” in the drop-down menu.
- Elena of Avalor: This Princess can also be found in the Fantasy Faire Courtyard or throughout Fantasyland.
Villains at Disneyland
- Hands down, the best way to meet Villains at Disneyland is to visit during Halloween Time. It’s possible year-round to run into Villains, but it’s even more likely when they’re “let loose” mid-September through October 31st! Plus, the Oogie Boogie Bash debuted a Villains Grove walkthrough experience at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. You’re bound to see Villains such as Oogie Boogie, Ursula, Scar, and more.
Hard-to-Find Characters At Disneyland California
Some hard-to-find Disney Characters include Villains, Aladdin, Flynn Rider, Moana and Princess Tiana (and more!).
- Aladdin: Look for him in Fantasyland near Snow White’s Wishing Well. This is located to the right of Sleeping Beauty Castle drawbridge, along a walkway that brings you around the right of the Castle into Fantasyland.
- Flynn Rider: If you can’t find Flynn, check the Disneyland app and head to either the Fantasy Faire Courtyard or the small world Promenade, which is the walkway in front of the Courtyard.
- Moana: When Moana is spotted in Disneyland Park, it’s usually by Tarzan’s Treehouse in Adventureland.
- Princess Tiana: This beloved Princess is also known to hang out by Tarzan’s Treehouse, or just to side of it in New Orleans Square. Tiana also likes to take a ride on Mark Twain’s Riverboat in New Orleans.
- Redd: This pirate can be found in New Orleans Square and at New Orleans Square Landing.
Disneyland Park Characters
Characters on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Chip: Town Square
- Dale: Town Square
- Donald Duck: Town Square
- Goofy: Town Square
- Mickey: Town Square
- Minnie: Town Square
- Pluto: Town Square
Characters in Tomorrowland
- Boba Fett: Star Wars: Launch Bay, Dark Side
- Captain Phasma: Near Star Wars Launch Bay, Dark Side
- Chewbacca: Light Side
- Darth Vader: Dark Side
Characters in Fantasyland
- Aladdin: Fantasyland, Snow White’s Wishing Well
- Alice: Fantasyland, small world Promenade
- Ariel: Fantasyland, Royal Hall
- Captain Hook: Fantasyland, small world Promenade
- Cinderella: Fantasyland, Royal Hall
- Elena: Fantasyland, Fantasy Faire Courtyard
- Fairy Godmother: Fantasyland, Castle Courtyard
- Flynn Rider: Fantasyland, Fantasy Faire Courtyard, small world Promenade
- Mary Poppins: Fantasyland, Fantasyland Path near Swan Topiary
- Peter Pan: Fantasyland, small world Promenade
- Princess Aurora: Fantasyland, Snow White’s Wishing Well
- Princess Jasmine: Fantasyland, Snow White’s Wishing Well
- Rapunzel: Fantasyland, Fantasy Faire Courtyard, small world Promenade
- Snow White: Fantasyland, Royal Hall
- The Mad Hatter: Fantasyland, small world Promenade
- The Queen: Fantasyland, small world Promenade, Snow White’s Wishing Well, Fantasyland Path
- Tinker Bell: Fantasyland, Pixie Hollow
Characters in Critter Country
- Eeyore: Pooh’s thotful spot
- Tigger: Pooh’s thotful spot
- Winnie the Pooh: Pooh’s thotful spot
Characters in ToonTown
- Donald Duck: Near Donald’s Boat
- Goofy: Near Goofy’s Playhouse
- Mickey: Mickey’s House
- Minnie: Minnie’s House
- Pluto: Toon Park
Characters in Adventureland
- Moana: Near Tarzan’s Treehouse
Characters in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Chewbacca: Walking throughout Galaxy’s Edge, near the Millennium Falcon in Rebel Outpost
- Kylo Ren: Walking throughout Galaxy’s Edge, First Order side
- Rey: Walking throughout Galaxy’s Edge, entrance to Rise of the Resistance in Rebel Outpost
- R2-D2: Cruising throughout Galaxy’s Edge
- Storm Troopers: Walking throughout Galaxy’s Edge
- Vi (Resistance Spy): Walking throughout Galaxy’s Edge
Characters in New Orleans Square
- Princess Tiana: New Orleans Square Landing
- Jack Sparrow : New Orleans Square Landing
- “Red” – the red haired female pirate is occasionally spotted in New Orleans as well!
Disney California Adventure Park Characters
Characters on Buena Vista Street
- Daisy Duck: Carthay Circle
- Donald Duck: Carthay Circle
- Goofy: Carthay Circle
- Mickey: Carthay Circle
- Minnie: Carthay Circle
Characters in Hollywoodland
- Anna: Disney Animation Building
- Elsa: Disney Animation Building
- Black Panther: Near Hangar 12
- Captain America: On Sunset Boulevard
- Spider-Man: The Brownstone Building on Sunset Boulevard
- Captain Marvel: Hangar 12
Characters in Cars Land
- Lightning McQueen: Cozy Cone Motel
- Red: Route 66
- Tow Mater: Route 66
Characters in Pixar Pier
- Bo Peep: Pixar Pier, playing on the Toy Story Boardwalk
- Buzz Lightyear: Pixar Pier, playing on the Toy Story Boardwalk
- James P. Sullivan (Sulley): Pixar Pier, near Pixar Pier Band Shell
- Incredible: Pixar Pier, Incredibles Park
- Incredible: Pixar Pier, Incredibles Park
- Sadness: Pixar Pier, Pixar Pier Band Shell
- Woody: Pixar Pier, playing on the Toy Story Boardwalk
- Edna Mode : Pixar Pier, Incredibles Park
Characters in Pacific Wharf
- Judy Hopps: Pacific Wharf
- Nick Wilde: Pacific Wharf
Characters in Grizzly Peak
- Chip: Grizzly Peak, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Dale: Grizzly Peak, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Doug (UP!): Grizzly Peak, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Pluto: Grizzly Peak, Grizzly Peak Airfield
In general, lines to meet Disney Characters are shorter in the morning compared to the afternoon or evening. And don’t worry if you’re waiting in line and you see the Character leave; often times they’re just taking a quick break and will return in a few minutes. Check the Disneyland app for the next appearance time so you don’t end up waiting when it’s not necessary. While it’s hard to find many of the Princes throughout the Disneyland Resort, you’re more likely to see them in parades. Look for showtimes on the Disneyland app once you arrive in the Parks if you’d like to catch a glimpse of them!
Book with Get Away Today and Save
As always, you’ll save big when you book your next Disneyland vacation with Get Away Today. Plus, they’re full of expert travel advice, like how to meet Disney Characters! Remember to mention Highlights Along the Way sent you when you book a Southern California vacation package. Use code Highlights to save an additional $10 when you combine your hotel and theme park tickets. View all vacations at www.getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY for personalized assistance.
Don’t forget to print out your Disneyland Meet & Greet Check list below!