2018 San Diego Military Discounts – HUGE List!
2018 San Diego Military Discounts
San Diego loves its military. Not only do we have major bases including Camp Pendleton, Naval Base San Diego, Miramar and others, but we have a huge retiree population as well. Thankfully, many of the businesses in our fine city show their appreciation for military families with discounts and special services.
- Bluewater Boathouse Seafood Grill – 10% off
- Carl’s Jr – 10% off
- Del Taco – 10% off
- Denny’s – 10% off. They also offer FREE breakfast on military holidays.
- Embargo Grill (Point Loma) – 15% off
- Fratelli’s Italian Kitchen (Oceanside and San Marcos) – 10% off
- Garage Kitchen and Bar (Downtown) – 10% off
- Hana Sushi (Temecula) – 10% off
- Havana Kitchen (Temecula) – 10% off
- IHOP – 10% -20% off (depends on location)
- Lobster West (Coronado) – 10% off
- Pizza Press (Carlsbad) – 15% off
- Slater’s 50/50 (Liberty Station and San Marcos) – 10% off
- Soda and Swine (Normal Heights and Liberty Station) – 10% off
- Souplantation – 10% off
- South Beach Bar & Grille (Ocean Beach)- 10% off
- Sushi Deli (Hillcrest and Kearny Mesa) – Bonus: managed by retired Navy Chief!
ENTERTAINMENT / OUTDOORS
- Birch Aquarium (La Jolla)- $2 off daily admission or $10 off the annual pass.
- Blue Star Museums – FREE admission from Memorial Day through Labor Day. A collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America, including here in San Diego and Los Angeles. San Diego museums include Japanese Friendship Garden, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, San Diego Chinese Historical Museum, San Diego History Center, The Gaslamp Museum at the Dais-Horton House, The Museum of Photographic Arts, The New Children’s Museum, The San Diego Museum of Art, The Veterans Museum at Balboa Park, and the Visions Art Museum
- Churchill Cigar Lounge (Old Town and Miramar) – 10% off
- Disneyland (Anaheim, CA) – Special military prices for 3 and 4 day park hoppers. Different prices and packages are also available at base ITT offices.
- Knott’s Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA) – $47 admission for military. (Regular price $79). Additionally, their Military Tribute Days in November and December offer FREE admission for active duty and retirees.
- San Diego Zoo (Downtown) and San Diego Zoo Safari Park (Escondido) – FREE admission for active duty.
- Sea World – Free admission once a year for military members and three additional family members. Click here to register with them first.
- Surf Bowl (Oceanside) – $3 a game (Regular price $5.25 a game)
- USS Midway Museum (Downtown) – All active duty and reservist personnel are welcome aboard for free. A discounted $10 admission is available to retired military (with ID). Retired military can also purchase tickets online for $8.
HEALTH, BEAUTY, AND FITNESS
- Sports Clips – 20% off
- Sprouts (Oceanside location only) 10% off on the first Monday of the month
- Ultimate Sports Nutrition (Chula Vista, San Diego, and National City) – 10% off
ELECTRONICS / HOME / AUTO
- Apple – Discounts vary by item. Sign up for their program by clicking here.
- Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga) – 10% off
- Costco – Free military membership (pay $60 for membership, receive $60 certificates. Click on the link for details)
- Home Depot – 10% off
- Lowe’s – 10% off
- Michael’s – 15% off
- O’Reilly Autoparts – 10% off
- Pier 1 Imports – 10% off
- Sherwin-Williams – 10-25% off (depends on location)
- Sur La Table (Carlsbad and La Jolla) – 10% off
Although it’s a pretty fair sized list above, there’s thousands of other businesses around the county that show their appreciation for the military with discounts or special services. Every year we publish a list of the best businesses with the best discounts throughout the county for our readers but it’s impossible to get them all. If you know a great business who you would like to see highlighted next year, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy from San Diego Military Wife has been a military wife for 13 years and is the mother of 2 kids. Her husband had been stationed at multiple commands aboard Camp Pendleton and Naval Base San Diego. She has lived in Southern California her whole life and enjoys sharing her knowledge of the military lifestyle and the San Diego area with other military families.