Apple Cider in the crock pot (or any slow cooker) is a great addition to a holiday party. Not only is it delicious but it makes your entire homes smell all cozy and Christmas timey. I have made cider before, but never with caramel. I was super excited to host a Werther’s Baking Bash a few days ago and we were sent several bags of Werther’s Baking Caramels which dissolve quickly and are great in cooking and slow cookers. This made our hot cider extra delicious and this is how we will make it from now on. I promise you, Crock Pot Caramel Apple Cider is sure to be a hit of any holiday gathering! Check out the easy instructions below – so easy!
Crock Pot Caramel Apple Cider
- 100% apple juice (we used organic 365 brand from Whole Foods Market)
- one large orange sliced as well as a piece of the orange rind
- 1 /2 cup sugar (we used raw white sugar – but I think brown sugar would be tasty too!)
- cloves and cinnamon to taste
- 5 – 10 Werther’s Baking Caramels
Put all the ingredients in your slow cooker. I always start on high but turn back down to low because it does get VERY hot very quick. Cider can be consumed immediately – everything is already OK to drink, but it is much more delicious if you wait at least an hour.