Guardians of the Galaxy and more! Summer Fun at the Disneyland Resort!
Summer is one of the most popular times to visit the Disneyland Resort. Kids are out of school, the weather is warm, and park hours are long! This year, the biggest addition is Summer of Heroes and our family is so excited! Guardians of the Galaxy fans are going to have so many awesome opportunities for fun starting this summer! Summer of Heroes officially launches on May 27th at Disney California Adventure Park, but there is so much more to see at the Disneyland Resort this Summer too!
Even as our kids get older they still love to see their favorite characters come to life at Disney. Everyone loves to meet their favorite characters from Marvel films at the Disneyland Resort, and more will be added for Summer of Heroes. Super heroes from ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ will come alongside the Avengers for an epic opportunity for fans to interact, take photos, and hear about their adventures first hand.
While we were sad to say goodbye to Tower of Terror, we are thrilled about Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opening on May 27th!
“The action jumps to the beat of the attraction’s “awesome mix tape” of music, inspired by the films’ soundtracks. Guests will discover multiple ride experiences as they help Rocket in a daring plan to free the Guardians–a band of extraterrestrial misfits–from the fortress of The Collector, Taneleer Tivan.” Disney
Guests will enjoy some of the Super Hero experiences for the very first time as part of the Summer of Heroes!
• Super Hero Encounters: For the first time, citizens of Terra (Earth) will come face-to- face with Groot. They also may encounter the First Avenger, Captain America, and everyone’s favorite web slinger, the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man.
• “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!”: Star-Lord fires up his old-school boom box to get a party started. Everyone, including tree-of-few-words Groot, is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash.
For a limited time (May 27 through Sept. 10), some new adventures will be exclusive to
Summer of Heroes:
• “Avengers Training Initiative”: BlackWidow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
• Heroic Encounter: Black Widow: Black Widow arrives on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
• Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action: Special themed merchandise, plus food and beverage items, will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
We love that there is always something new during the summer, but our Marvel loving crew is especially excited about meeting Groot and the new Guardians of the Galaxy themed ride! We can’t wait!
Over at Disneyland Park, they are pulling out all the stops for Summer too. The Main Street Electrical Parade has been extended through August 20th! Also, several beloved attractions that had closed due to construction for Star Wars Land are reopening! The Disneyland Railroad, Rivers of America, Mark Twain, and Fantasmic! will all be up and running again for the Summer season.
*Photography is by Disney and used with permission*
How exciting my kids& I really want to check this out. Thanks for the insight on it♡
I’ll admit, I was kind of bummed that the one and only time I’ve been to CA adventure, the Tower of Terror was already closed. But I’ll look forward to this if I ever go again!
[…] a trip to the Disneyland Resort? It is the only place where you can ride the Guardians of the Galaxy […]