As a SoCal resident this is my favorite time of year! If you are hoping to go to Disneyland and are on a tight budget, the Disneyland SoCal Resident Ticket Discount is by far the best way to stretch your dollars. I am THRILLED to announce that Disneyland is offering this deal again, I thought they might skip it because attendance has been record breaking this year – but Southern California you are in luck again! The SoCal discount ticket is here – below are all the details on how you can visit Disneyland with this awesome once a year discount!
Disneyland SoCal Resident Ticket Discount
Below is all the information you need to know about this great off season discount at Disneyland…..
- The Disneyland SoCal Resident Ticket is only available for purchase and use by Southern California residents. Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999 with proof of residency can purchase these special tickets. Proof of residency is required at admission as well.
- There are two day and three day tickets available as both park hopper or single park per day options (I will tell you which I prefer personally further down the page),
- Tickets are valid from date of purchase (starting on January 6, 2016) through May 26, 2016. The only block out days are March 20th – April 2nd – these dates tend to be very busy because of Spring Break.
- You do NOT need to use tickets in consecutive days, but all days of your pass must be used up before May 26, 2016.
- Magic Mornings is available to those who purchase their tickets online!
All tickets are for guests ages 3 and up – there is no child or adult ticket. If your kiddo is under three you will not need a ticket for that child.
Disneyland SoCal Resident Discount Ticket Options
- 2 Day 1 Park Per Day Ticket – $149 (breaks down to $74.50 per day)
- 2 Day Park Hopper Ticket – $189 (breaks down to $94.50 per day)
- 3 Day 1 Park Per Day (with Magic Morning Option if you buy online) – $179 (breaks down to $59.97 per day!)
- 3 Day Park Hopper ticket (Magic Morning Option online also) – $219 (breaks down to $73 per day)
This is a great discount over the normal admission prices which start at $93 (child’s ticket) per day for one park. I personally suggest purchasing the 1 park per day option. Not only does this save money, but I believe focusing on one park per day saves quite a bit of time too – no traveling back and forth. Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park are very close to one another, but you could still spend quite a bit of time traveling back and forth. I suggest devoting one full day to each park.
Remember to purchase your tickets online. Buying your tickets online saves you time! Why wait at the ticket booth when you can be in the gates?! If you are grabbing the 3 day pass you will also be able to take advantage of the Magic Morning option – this gets you in the park one hour before most guest! Grab a fast pass and hop on some rides before the park is even officially open!
We love to visit the Disneyland Resort during the off season because crowds are typically smaller so we spend less time in line and more time on rides and enjoying attractions, shows, and treats. Keep in mind that during this season there are always a few rides closed for renovation and the hours are often shorter. Shorter hours and a few rides closed never bothered our family because Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park are so big that we could never finish the entire park in one day even if it was completely to ourselves.
Grab your Disneyland SoCal Resident Discount Tickets Here and also check out all the other info and details.
Looking for more ways to save at Disneyland? Check out our Disneyland on a Budget article as well!
See you at the Happiest Place on Earth!
Click here to subscribe to our email newsletter
Thank you for your interest in our newsletter. We have a couple of options for you. We send out 1 email maximum when there is a new post. You can subscribe to our main newsletter that includes all of our articles.Subscribe to Highlights Along the Way » Email Newsletter
If you are only interested in getting a newsletter about a specific category of our site, you can select that newsletter from the list below.Subscribe to » Family posts
Subscribe to » Travel posts
Subscribe to » DIY posts
Subscribe to » Food posts
Subscribe to » Disney posts
Subscribe to » Thrifty Stuff posts
Subscribe to » Entertainment posts