Money Saving Tips for Disneyland. Planning a trip to The Happiest Place on Earth is filled with excitement and anticipation. Planning what attractions you are going to ride, what shows you want to watch and what treats you absolutely have to try are all part of the fun. However, it can begin to get stressful when trying to plan out your finances. It’s no secret that a Disneyland vacation can be pricey, especially for large families. Because of this, I’ve partnered with Get Away Today to give you 5 money saving tips on your next trip to Disneyland.
Money Saving Tips for Disneyland
If you’re planning your next Disneyland vacation, make sure you book with Get Away Today. Not only will they save you the most money on your trip, but they guarantee the best customer service as well. Plus, you can always take advantage of their Layaway Plan. This plan allows you to put only $125 down at time of booking, so that you can make payments whenever works best for you. All that they ask is that you pay off your vacation completely at least 2 weeks before you leave. That’s it! Get Away Today makes planning a vacation simple and affordable for every family.
- Flexible Dates – If you don’t have specific dates that you want to visit Disneyland, you’ll be able to find the best deals going on throughout the year. It’s important to keep in mind during the major holidays, you’ll typically find a spike in price. While these celebrations are definitely worth experiencing, if you’re trying to save money, try visiting during an off-peak season. When you travel during the off-peak season, you’ll find more hotels offering lower rates and sometimes even free nights. Plus, you can find exclusive ticket specials too. You can typically find the best deals during the winter months, such as January and February. However, you can also get amazing deals towards the end of summer during August and September. Not only will this save you money, but you’ll also be able to see the park less-crowded.
- Buy Souvenirs Beforehand – Being able to bring home a souvenir from your vacation is priceless. Unfortunately, buying souvenirs isn’t. I’ve noticed that almost everything at Disneyland is overpriced. Because of this, I decided that I would start buying souvenirs before our vacation to save money. I’ve found cute Mickey and Minnie t-shirts, plushes, toys and accessories for a fraction of the cost at the park. You can find these items almost anywhere, such as Target, Walmart, Amazon or even the dollar store. While this might not stop you from buying one treasured gift to bring home, it will let you to save money on similar items you might find at the park.
- Bring Snacks – One of the biggest surprises I have when I get back from a Disneyland vacation is how much we spent on food. One meal for just four people can add up incredibly fast. Because of this, make sure to bring snacks and small food items to munch on throughout your day in the park. While you can’t bring in a cooler, you can bring in food items in your backpack or purse. I typically pack chips, granola bars, fruit snacks and water. Sometimes, I’ll even pack some PB & J’s to eat for lunch and then we will splurge on a dinner in Disneyland. This will save you some major bucks in the park whenever you visit.
- Use Gift Cards – Because I get so enthralled with Disney magic whenever I’m at the park, I tend to want to buy everything that I can see. To help me not do this, I’ve found it to be helpful to buy pre-paid gift cards beforehand. This allows me to still buy a few treats and maybe a special souvenir to bring home, without breaking the bank. This is also really useful for kids too! It allows them to still choose their prize, without over-spending.
- Great Hotel Deals – When you use Get Away Today to book your Disneyland vacation, you can save hundreds of dollars on the hotel stay alone. I’ve found that trying to find a hotel deal is the hardest part of planning my vacation. However if you’re a Get Away Today guest, you get access to exclusive amenities at some of the most popular Anaheim properties. Most of their hotel partners offer free breakfast, free parking or even a free shuttle. Plus, if you find a better price elsewhere, Get Away Today will not only match it, but beat it. Because of this, make sure to call one of their agents or visit their website to find the perfect hotel for your family.
The Happiest Place on Earth should be something that everyone can experience, so I hope that these money saving tips for Disneyland will help you get to the park. When you’re ready to book your next Disneyland vacation, be sure to visit getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY to speak to a travel expert directly. Plus when you use promo code highlights, to save $10 off your hotel and tickets vacation package. Make sure to mention that Highlights Along the Way sent you!
Thank you to our friends at Get Away Today for sharing these simple Money Saving Tips for Disneyland with our readers. I always love for our readers to share their money saving tips too! Please leave a comment sharing your ideas as well! We are planning our own Disneyland getaway this year and we hope to see you real soon.
If you liked these Money Saving Tips for Disneyland, be sure click here to check out all our other Disney Park posts.